Amanda Peterson's autopsy result recently came out and it revealed that the co-star of "Grey's Anatomy" alum Patrick Dempsey died because of an accidental drug overdose.
According to TMZ, Peterson who starred opposite Patrick Dempsey in the 1987 comedy romance movie "Can't Buy Me Love" succumbed to the effects of taking in an accidental overdose of a harmful mixture of drugs.
Days before July 4, the 43-year-old actress went "missing" and was later found the next day, July 5.
Colorado's Weld County Coroner declared Amanda Peterson's autopsy result showed her system had an assortment of prescription drugs including anti-anxiety medication benzodiazepine and anti-psychotic meds opiates and phenothiazines. Traces of marijuana were also found in her system.
The medical examiner's report further claimed the "Can't Buy Me Love" star was "naïve to opiates."
Furthermore, Hollywood Life revealed that Amanda Peterson's autopsy report specifically the toxicology aspect alleged that, a week before her death, she ingested some morphine which she acquired from friends. It looked like she was trying to control the pain she felt and resorted to her self-medication.
No recent morphine prescriptions for Amanda Peterson were found by doctors, but, she had been instructed to take multiple medications for heart and lung disease. The medicine Gabapentin — detected six times above normal level in her system — was prescribed after she underwent a recent hysterectomy.
Even though she was found with high levels of the drug Gabapentin, Amanda Peterson's autopsy result concluded that her demise was caused by respiratory failure secondary to morphine overdose, as per CBS News.
Co-star Patrick Dempsey took to Twitter after hearing the shocking news about Amanda Peterson's death.
Amanda Peterson appeared in the 1994 film "Windrunner," apparently her last. She had shied away from the entertainment business for years, mostly residing in Colorado with David Hartley, her second husband and their two children.