Most beginnings of celebrities are humble. One might even think that a talented artist like Drake probably rose to stardom overnight. However, he hasn't always started as a rapper. You too can transition into your dream job from the smallest and unnoticeable array of talents.
Here are 5 things you didn't know about Drake, according to SheKnows.
1. Drake started out as a Canadian TV star. He was only 15 years old when he played Jimmy Brooks in "Degrassi: The Next Generation." His role starred a basketball pro in a wheelchair. His character was dissolved after a few runs.
2. He also did a voice stunt in "Ice Age: Continental Drift" in 2012. He was Ethan, that popular boy-mammoth - although he probably wasn't that memorable, character-wise.
3. His only musical phase started out with his rapping through tons of mixed tapes. He started in 2006 and then ultimately gained national attention. He was picked out by the likes of Kanye West, Lil Wayne and Jay-Z. He didn't get a contract until 2009 when Universal Motown signed him on.
4. His talent is not only limited to his voice. He is also a song writer and has written for artists like Jamie Foxx and Alicia Keys.
5. The man can ice skate. He cannot only dance, act and sing but he can ice skate.
While these are only some of the many qualities and skills his fan base adores, Drake continues to go on with his career reinventing himself. What can everyone learn from Drake when it comes to making it in this tough industry? According to his Biography, when he lost his role in "Degrassi," he also lost his only source of income. He was on the point of looking for a day job and he was "...was coming to terms with the fact that ... I might have to work at a restaurant or something just to keep things going," Drake said. However, because he continued working on his mixed tapes, that gave him an edge outside of the acting realm. If that didn't work, do you think he'd be great going into skating as a pro?