Building a successful business will need authenticity, passion and perseverance. Leaders who are able to develop these will definitely have a prosperous and fulfilling career ahead of them.
Per Wickstrom, founder and CEO of Best Drug Rehab in Manistee, Michigan, spoke to Huffington Post about how he was able to build a successful business. The discussion also gave helpful insights into his business operations.
1. Be genuine. Business owners should not just create a brand for the sake of money. Wickstrom revealed that you ought to work towards "genuinely helping your clients/customers." This, in turn, will result to genuine success through long-term growth as well as in gaining a good reputation. Make sure that you provide a useful product and/or service to your clients.
2. Think of how you can help. Best Drug Rehab, according to Per Wickstrom, is filling a major need in their community, which is addressing local drug addiction. To build a loyal and appreciative customer base, business owners have to figure out what community needs are still being unmet or what common problems are still to be solved.
3. Be confident in your business. There will always be people who will criticize you and your business model. Ignore the doubters. If you believe that you have found a good product or service, then go for it. Yes, there may be a few rejections but use these to improve your business instead of letting it drag you down.
4. Location is key. Wickstrom knew that opening his first rehab center where there were already competitors will definitely not work. "Instead, I chose an underserved community," he said. Entrepreneur noted that business owners should check the status of market trends and then come up with smart decisions with that information. This can help in finding a location that will suit your target market.
5. Respect everyone. If you want your business to continue its success in the long run, you will need to respect your community as well as your employees and customers. Always choose to do the right thing.