Samsung is in for another plague as a class action lawsuit is filed against the company in Newark, New Jersey. The complaint was formally filed on Oct. 16.
The filing in the federal court represents the Pennsylvania, Nevada and California Note 7 customers in a nationwide class. McCuneWright law firm filed the case alleging Samsung of making their users discontinue use and made them wait for several days before the replacement.
The three plaintiffs complained about being affected by the recall issued by Samsung and ordered by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). They said that they were left for several weeks without a phone, according to The Business Insider.
The recall was issued on Sept. 9 and also requested their customers to power down their Galaxy Note 7. It was only on Sept. 21 that Samsung started releasing the replacements for their customers' recalled and powered down devices.
Users whine about Samsung's inability to have enough replacements for their purchased devices making them suffer for many days without a phone. What made their situation worse is that even though they were not able to use their phones, they continued to incur monthly charges for their devices from their cellular providers.
Plaintiffs Mohammad Ibrahim from California, Robert Spuntak from Pennsylvania and John Waudby from Nevada are all seeking for monetary claims for the company's failure. A Samsung Electronics America spokeswoman stated that they cannot give comments about the pending litigation yet.
Samsung finally put an end last week to the production of Galaxy Note 7 following the consecutive reports of the said device overheating and even catching fire. This act comes, weeks after a total of 2.5 million pieces of sold Galaxy Note 7 were recalled.
Samsung is expected to lose an estimated amount of $5 billion from operating profit alone, The Android Headline reported.
Watch this video for more about the story.