Nov 06, 2016 07:24 PM EST

Adidas and 'Parley of the Ocean' Rebrands Recycling By Rubber Shoes Production

Close

The current environmental situation including the issues on climate change and environmental degradation, different initiatives were raised towards bringing the planet green again, and inclined status of sustainable development. 

The Adidas, one of the most known shoe company in the whole world forged a partnership with the environmental non-government organization, "Parley for the Oceans" to save the oceans from all threats on pollution. While the organization is focused on the total reduction of plastics in these bodies of water, Adidas will then be using the collected garbage to come up with a so-called recycled shoe. 

The idea of producing recycled rubber shoes in the market was carefully planned. Indeed, the idea was revealed last year when Adidas released a three-dimensional image of the said shoes, as they invited groups of people to help them improve the overall design. 

Now, with enough resources on hand, the Adidas and the "Parley for the Oceans" are now excited to announce that the said recycled rubber shoes will now be made available in different Adidas outlet stores. The shoes are then branded as the "UltraBOOST Uncaged Parley."

However, not all will be able to get a pair of the "UltraBOOST Uncaged Parley" because Adidas decided to release only around 7,000 pairs of it to check how marketable is the new product. 

The features of the said shoes include being made up of 95% ocean plastic and the remaining 5% is said to be made up of other recycled materials. Most of the plastics used in the production of these shoes came from the oceans in Maldives. 

Starting mid-November, Adidas rubber shoes fanatics can now start buying online and in actual outlet stores this "UltraBOOST Uncaged Parley" shoes for just $220 (220 US dollars). 

By next year, Adidas exclaimed that they will be unveiling their bigger plan for this pair, along with their bigger advocacy on saving the planet. 

"We will make one million pairs of shoes using Parley Ocean Plastic in 2017 - and our ultimate ambition is to eliminate virgin plastic from our supply chain," said the representative of the shoe company.

Get the Most Popular Jobs&Hire Stories in a Weekly Newsletter
© 2017 Jobs & Hire All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
TRENDING ON THE WEB

Join the Conversation

Real Time Analytics