Over the years, women have been stepping up and, in the words of the Queen Beyonce Knowles, "Run the world." These influential women have been rocking, not only the music world but, the business world as well. Which is why women entrepreneurs feel empowered in today's modern industries armed with a playlist that can blow away the negativity. Business News has come up with a list of songs that have empowered and influence women entrepreneurs in America and it's definitely okay if you're singing the words while reading this article.
1. "Run the World (Girls)" by Beyonce- For designer Angela Lanahan of Chocolate Milke, this song inspires her to "bring it" everyday. "Beyoncé reminds me that being a girl is an asset and that 'my persuasion can build a nation," she explains.
2. Britney Spears' "Work B*tch" is Petrina Hamm's favorite track. She describes Britney's track as her inspirational jam. "The beat pumps me up, and the message is clear: If you want results, you've got to hustle, in life, in love and most certainly in business," says the owner of Petrina Hamm Fitness.
3. "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus is an inspirational song for Donna Marie Post. The founder of I Admire U recalls how the song celebrates everyday hard-working women and inspires her to look past her own troubles.
4. Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" is not only a classic but CEO Marianne O'Connor's favorite. This Sterling Communications executive uses the song to remind her that she has to believe in herself and that she has the ability to get through the difficulties in her way.
5. Taylor Swift's "Shake it Off" is a hit for Hope Brookins. The owner of Brookins Agency uses the song to get her through her entrepreneurship. "This song is always the reminder I need to focus on my own brand and shake off any haters," she explains.
6. "Firework" by Katy Perry is not only a fast-paced song but a motivational one for Monica Eaton-Cardone. She is the co-founder and CEO of Chargebacks911. She picked this song because she values "...hard work, perseverance and a no-excuses attitude. Sometimes I need a reminder that 'there's a spark' in me. I do have the ability to dig a little deeper and go the extra mile - I just need to ignite the motivation."
Tell us what's on your playlist by sounding off in the comments section!