With Prince already in purple heaven, everyone who admired him and have been inspired by him remember his life as a musician and artist. His specialty was funky music and rock. His creativity gave birth to "Purple Rain" and "Litte Red Corvette."
His fashion sense is also an unconventional profile that propelled his fame into the industry. All in all, he was a creative. Entrepreneur has counted the ways Prince was able to spin his creativity to generate 35 years of music, 100 million albums and thousands of shows.
1. Prince thought BIG: The Rolling Stone has it that he pushed hard to become a musician even though he was completely broke. His grit and determination got him through.
2. Prince grew with his audience: During an interview with Tavis Smiley, Prince detailed that he never talked down to his audience. He grows with his racially diverse audience during his whole career.
3. Prince was a real artist: He wrote hundreds of songs but even without recording, he has a "vault" of unreleased material hidden away.
4. Prince fought for his work: He made his disputes with the corporate record authorities public. He wrote "slave" on his face and even changed his name to something nobody can pronounce since Warner Bros. said they owned his name. One time Prince battled to protect his work from unauthorized use: According to Reuters, Prince said: "YouTube ... are clearly able (to) filter porn and pedophile material but appear to choose not to filter out the unauthorized music and film content which is core to their business success."
5. Prince did the unexpected: He once approached a woman who was allegedly a stalker and talked to her. "... why don't you tell me what you want to happen. Why are you here? How do you want this to end?' And she didn't really have an answer for that. In the end, all she wanted was to be seen, for me to look at her. And she left and didn't come back."
6. Prince experimented: He dabbled in direct marketing by giving away free copies that cut the music industry out of sales.
7. Prince wasn't a slave to his fanbase: He doesn't care about what people said about him. "It's usually a reflection of who they are," he said when fans fought against him when his images were demanded to be taken down from fan sites.
8. Prince understood persona: He may have worn velvet and heels but he was always human. One time, he explained: "Sexiness is in the mind. When you lose that, it's just old skin."
9. Prince could write: His music didn't just inspire listeners, it challenged and moved them. Prince knew how to get a crowd to rally.