(Photo : Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
We all love to have a good laugh because it makes life more bearable especially during hard times. And who can make you laugh better than famous and witty comedians such as Will Ferell, Jerry Seinfeld and others?
But these comedians have more to offer than laughs and hilarity. They can also dish out wise career advices taken from lessons they learned in developing their comedic skills and talents.
Here are some career advice from famous comedians that may help you jack up your career to the top.
1. Chris Rocks says: "Having money doesn't make you rich. Having options makes you rich."
Those who enjoy the best careers have a lot of options open to them. If you are targeting your next job, go for multiple leads and target several job offers.
2. Jerry Seinfeld says: "To me, if life boils down to one thing, it's movement. To live is to keep moving."
This means keeping your expertise, skills and social and business network updated. If you are not able to update your resume from last year, then you are not developing professionally.
3. Will Ferrell says: "Aren't we all striving to be overpaid for what we do?"
This is a good advice since we all want to be paid reasonably for our services. In order to do this, you need to promote yourself and be willing to negotiate for a higher fee.
4. Joan Rivers says: "If I can't make it through one door, I'll go through another door - or I'll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present is.
What she probably meant was that there are multiple paths towards your dream job. Or it is up to you to create your own dream job by launching a business.
5. Steve Martin says: "A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."
This means don't think that all observations have to be brilliant or motivational. Just getting the hard facts is oftentimes enough.