When an actor like Daniel Craig has already decided to turn down the continuity of career as James Bond in a public outburst, the producers can only think of trying to find someone who is passionate enough to fill the next spot. It was said that Daniel Craig committed career suicide by saying that he'd rather slash his wrist rather than play the guy again.
Now, everyone is hustling and trying to find out who will be the next James Bond. According to Standard, Aidan Turner is the next bet after Tom HIddleston said "I don't think that announcement is coming." Everyone is betting on Turner to take the cake. Liam Glynn, a Boyle Sports spokesperson, even said that all bets are off.
Just to round up the men considered for the role, here are the actors who everyone thinks can play the next James Bond:
1. Idris Elba - At 43 years old, he'd be a more mature kind of Bond. He's a bit burly but still fine-looking. He's known for his role in the Thor franchise as Heimdall.
2. Tom Hiddleston - Recently the crowd favorite after being sighted locking lips with Taylor Swift. His role in "The Night Manager" places him in line for the spy thriller. He's also suave and has got the accent down.
3. Aidan Turner - He's not as stacked as Daniel Craig but he's sharp enough. His role in Poldark proved that he can be a heart throb. He may not be as refined when he was playing Kíli in the three-part fantasy film "The Hobbit," but he'd do the job great.
4. Tom Hardy - He was also rumored for the part and he has such a significant acting career range.
5. David Oyelowo - His role in "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" and "Interstellar" earned him the spot. He's already taking on a classier look. He'd also be a mature James Bond at 40 years old.
6. James Norton - He's the perfect age to play Bond. At 30 years old, he'd already gained a heroic profile.
7. Lastly, Damian Lewis - At 45 years old, he'd also play a mature James Bond and has been seen with "Spectre" director Sam Mendes and Bond producer Barbara Broccoli. He, however, insisted that there's no announcement coming.